About the Springfield CVB
Nice to meet you.
The Springfield Convention & Visitors Bureau was formed in 1979 as the hospitality arm of the Chamber of Commerce. The Bureau was incorporated independently as a not-for-profit corporation under the laws of the State of Missouri in 1989. The CVB is a marketing and service organization which contracts annually with the City of Springfield to promote economic development through travel and tourism.
The Bureau Is:
• A non-profit, 501 (c) 6 organization
• Committed to promoting and elevating Springfield’s status for conventions, meetings, tour groups, sporting events and leisure travel
• Directed by a volunteer board comprised of 15 civic and business leaders
• Supported by a full-time staff of 17, part-time staff of three and nearly 100 volunteers
The Springfield Convention & Visitors Bureau serves as the primary marketing organization responsible for the development and implementation of marketing programs to ensure positive economic impact on the Springfield metropolitan area through steady growth of the travel industry. The goal of the Bureau’s efforts is to encourage the development of tourism and increase overnight travel and occupied rooms in Springfield metropolitan area hotel/motel properties. Continued growth will be realized by identifying and implementing marketing programs to the specified market segments of:
• Meetings, conventions and seminars
• Individual leisure travel, including event promotion
• Sporting events
• Group travel
The vision of the Springfield Convention & Visitors Bureau is to lead the area travel industry in promoting Springfield as a premier destination for leisure travelers and outdoor enthusiasts, a recognized and successful host city for meetings and conventions, and a prominent and respected venue for sporting events.
To be an economic driver for the community
• To have Springfield recognized as a premier travel destination
• To be an industry leader
• To be the organization of choice for stakeholders
• To increase funding for the organization’s promotion of Springfield
• To take a leadership role in creating regional collaborations
Core Purpose Statement
Improving the economic vitality of our community by asking others to visit, explore, and enjoy the many things we enjoy daily.