Rutledge-Wilson Farm Park’s Fall Fest
Rutledge-Wilson Farm Park’s annual Fall Fest opens Saturday, Sept. 21, kicking off six weekends of fall-themed family fun at Rutledge-Wilson Farm Park, 3825 W. Farm Rd. 146, Springfield.
Meander through the corn maze, pick your own pumpkin, and more Saturdays, 11 a.m.-6 p.m., and Sundays, noon-6 p.m., through Oct. 27. Admission is free, but some activities have a small fee. Activities include:
- Pumpkin Patch- Pick your own pumpkin (prices based on weight).
- Corn Maze- Get lost in the 10-acre corn maze.
- Hay Maze- Meander through a maze of large round hay bales, ideal for small children.
- Cow Train- Kids and adults ride the one-of-a-kind Cow Train through the park.
- Corn Canon- Shoot an ear of corn through the canon, prizes awarded to those who hit the target.
- Hay Rides- Tour the park with your family on the tractor-drawn hay ride.
- Inflatables- Jump and play in the inflatables.
- Pony Rides- Saturdays only, the Valley Water Mill Equestrian Center brings ponies for children to ride.
Additional activities vary throughout thefestival, including crafts, face-painting, pumpkin-painting, temporary tattoos and more.
Starting Oct. 4, stay late for The Haunted Trail, which includes a hay ride to the trail entrance, where brave souls are dropped off to explore a frightening 1/4-mile loop through the woods, where they may encounter a number of terrifying characters. The Haunted Trail is open Fridays and Saturdays, 6-10 p.m., Oct. 4 - 27. The Pumpkin Patch and Corn Maze also stay open late while the Haunted Trail is open.
Admission is $5/person, children 12 & under must be accompanied by an adult.
For more information, call Rutledge-Wilson Farm Park at 417-837-5949. For media inquiries, contact Jenny Fillmer Edwards, Public Information Administrator for the Springfield-Greene County Park Board, at 417-874-2176 or 417-224-5510.
The 207-acre farm park was created to provide educational, as well as various recreational resources for the community and will celebrate the rich agricultural heritage of the area. Amenities include an animal barn, visitor's center, gift shop and milking barn.