One of Springfield's historic parks, Phelps Grove was built in 1914 on land previously farmed by John and Mary Phelps, one of Springfield's founding families. This beautiful park features some of Springfield's most majestic trees, as well as playgrounds, historic picnic pavilion, restrooms, picnic tables and grills, horseshoes, drinking fountain and a 7/10 mile paved walking trail. Nearby is the McGee-McGregor Wading Pool.
South of the Springfield Art Museum, the park continues with the Perry Tennis Courts and the Waterwise (Xeriscape) Garden.
|Release Title||Publish Date|