We're looking for an Interactive Content Coordinator to manage content across our digital publications. Here are the details:
The Interactive Content Coordinator will be responsible for creating and curating content for online marketing programs for the Springfield Convention & Visitors Bureau.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Responsible for maintaining all website content, including: advertising/partner listings, online calendar, news releases, monthly newsletter, Bureau statistics and other relevant information.
- Create original written content for use on SpringfieldMO.org and connected social media channels. Update existing content as needed.
- Works with the Interactive Media Manager to monitor CVB social media channels for questions and comments posted by users regarding social media postings.
- Photograph attractions and events for use on partner listings, events calendar, social media channels and micro-campaigns.
- Maintain an editorial calendar for event promotion on SpringfieldMO.org and related social media channels.
- Build and maintain relationships with local media organizations and content creators.
- Contact and work with third-party websites and social media channels to correct errors, provide additional information, improve placement and otherwise maintain an accurate and positive image of Springfield.
- Research and develop new digital media strategies for use in CVB marketing efforts.
- Assist Interactive Media Manager with the administration of interactive applications as needed.
- Manage ongoing submission of Springfield events, listings and photos to the Missouri Division of Tourism website.
- Provide monthly reports about social media channels, blogging and other tasks for use in board reports.
- Be cross-trained and able to serve if needed as a backup for public relations functions, including press releases on VOCUS, assisting with promotions and FAM tours.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent writing skills including a command of grammar, usage, vocabulary and Associated Press Style
- Strong attention to detail needed for proofreading website content, reports and correspondence
- Excellent organizational skills are required to maintain meticulous files
- Ability to set goals and prioritize tasks to maintain workload
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle stressful situations in a calm, professional manner
- Ability to recall information such as dates, names, files, and projects.
- Ability to work well within a membership organization and participate in committee decision-making
Desirable Education, Training and Experience:
- A passion for social media and a thorough knowledge of leading social networks
- Knowledge of public relations, journalism and marketing principles
- Desktop publishing experience a plus
- Experience with media relations
- Familiarity with the Springfield area
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, business communications, marketing or computer information systems, or three years of related experience Or,
- Any combination of education, training and experience that would qualify the individual for the position.
Email your resume and references to Sean Dixon, Interactive Media Manager, at email@example.com.
About the Springfield Convention & Visitors Bureau
The Springfield Convention & Visitors Bureau was formed in 1979 as the hospitality arm of the Chamber of Commerce. The Bureau was incorporated independently as a not-for-profit corporation under the laws of the State of Missouri in 1989. The CVB is a marketing and service organization which contracts annually with the City of Springfield to promote economic development through travel and tourism.