New Website Up with Few Glitches
The CVB's new website is up and getting good reviews! Thanks to everyone who provided feedback on the site and to the media that did stories about the site.
We're still ironing out a few glitches but the site's features, overall, are working well. If you see something that's not working properly, or just want to let us know what you think, send a note to marketing director Laura Whisler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you haven't visited the site yet, check it out!
Sell! Sell! Sell!
Every member of the CVB staff participated in a telemarketing sales blitz March 23-24. Staff made calls and sent emails to nearly 500 meeting planners across the country to see if they would be interested in learning more about Springfield for future meetings, conventions and events. It can take a few years to book a group and the sales department will track the status of all leads generated. The staff feels the blitz was a success because of leads already generated.
The CVB sales blitz will be followed by a blitz April 14-15 in Jefferson City with participation from sales staff from Springfield hotels. The Jefferson City blitz will focus on meeting planners with state association groups.
A summer telemarketing sales blitz with hotel representatives also is planned.
Hotels with an interest in participating in the Jefferson City blitz should contact sales director Dana Maugans at 881-5300, Ext. 111, or email@example.com. For the summer sales blitz, contact Melissa Evans at 881-5300, Ext. 107, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Groups Booked Recently by the CVB
Passport to Family Fun Now Available
Coupons in the book are also available on the CVB's website and mobile app. While the Passport is printed annually, coupons can be added year round to the website and mobile app.
If you're interested in reaching visitors with a discount or with a listing on the website, contact Melissa Divincen at 881-5300, Ext. 105, or email@example.com.
CVB Board Approves 2011-12 Budget
The CVB board of directors in March approved a $2.8 million budget for 2011-12, which begins July 1. The budget will now be presented to the Springfield City Council for approval.
The board also:
- Heard a report on the CVB's new website.
- Discussed agenda items for the board retreat on April 21.
- Heard a report on the status of the competitive assessment study expected to be completed in April.
Businesses Partner with CVB
Welcome to the following businesses that have begun reaching out to visitors through CVB advertising opportunities:
- Tonya Murfin, Murney Associates Realtors
- Bass Pro Shops Outdoor Fitness Festival
- Names & Numbers
- R&M Dutch Cooking
- The Mustard Seed Bed & Breakfast
For information about how the CVB can help visitors focus on your business, contact Melissa Divincen at 881-5300, Ext. 105, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CVB Staff Meets with Legislators During Capitol Days for Tourism in March
Four members of the CVB staff and tourism representatives from across the state participated in Capitol Days for Tourism March 9-10 in Jefferson City.
The bureau staff met with nearly 20 legislators representing southwest Missouri and discussed tourism's impact on the economy and the need for adequate funding for the Missouri Division of Tourism.
Special thanks to Kathryn Vicat-Dlabach with the O'Reilly Family Event Center for attending Capitol Days with the CVB.
Capital Days is organized by the Missouri Travel Council.
- April 8, 8:30 a.m. Sales Awareness Committee (SAC), Hilton Garden Inn
- April 13, 10 a.m., Volunteer Appreciation Reception, JQH Arena
- April 13, 11:30 a.m., Attractions Council, CVB Offices
- April 20, 11:30 a.m., Springfield Hotel & Lodging Assoc., Doubletree Hotel
- April 20, 5-7 p.m., Travel Connections Mixer, Farmers Gastropub
- April 21, 7:30 a.m.-1 p.m., CVB Board Retreat, Springfield Brewing Co.
Welcome Groups with a Message on Your Marquee
- April 7-9, Missouri Archaeological Society Annual Spring Meeting, 150 attendees
- April 8-10, Lake Country Soccer Ozarks Coca-Cola/Dr Pepper Cup, 3,500 attendees
- April 8-9, TOPS Club Inc. Convention, 1,200 attendees
- April 14-17, Rocky Mountain School of Photography Weekend, 200 attendees
- April 15-16, Missouri Baptist Convention Womens Missionary Union Annual Meeting, 400 attendees
- April 15-17, Kickapoo Soccer Boosters Club Kickapoo Ladies Shoot Out, 425 attendees
- April 27-30, Missouri District United Pentecostal Church Ladies Conference, 1,600 attendees
- April 27-May 1, Sertoma International Heart of America Regional Convention, 300 attendees
Division of Tourism Awards Advertising Contract
The Missouri Office of Administration awarded the advertising agency of record contract for the Missouri Division of Tourism to Hoffman|Lewis Advertising Agency. Hoffman|Lewis in St. Louis holds the current contract.
The contract is for one year, beginning July 1 with three one-year renewals.
Seven agencies responded to a request for proposals issued in October.
A big THANK YOU to volunteers who provided
490 hours of service to the CVB in February!
Springfield Travel Statistics
|Feb. 2011||YTD 2011||YTD 2010|
|Information Centers Visits||1,109||2,525||2,787|
|Website Unique Visitors||27,382||54,434||*See Below|
|Total Contacts||29,627||58,043||*See Below|
*The CVB is using a new analytics program to track website traffic. Because of differences in how the new program works compared to the old program, statistical comparisons with previous years are not possible.
Springfield Hotel Statistics
|Jan. 2011||YTD 2011||YTD 2010|
|Percent of Occupancy||36.2%||36.2%||36.0%|
|Average Daily Rate||$61.87||$61.87||$60.66|
|Revenue Per Available Room||$22.42||$22.42||$21.83|