Nice to Meet You
The Springfield Convention & Visitors Bureau was formed in 1979 as the hospitality arm of the Chamber of Commerce. The Bureau was incorporated independently as a not-for-profit corporation under the laws of the State of Missouri in 1989. The CVB is a marketing and service organization which contracts annually with the City of Springfield to promote economic development through travel and tourism.
The Bureau Is:
- A non-profit, 501 (c) 6 organization
- Committed to promoting and elevating Springfield’s status for conventions, meetings, tour groups, sporting events and leisure travel
- Directed by a volunteer board comprised of 15 civic and business leaders
- Supported by a full-time staff of 19, part-time staff of three and nearly 100 volunteers.
The Springfield Convention & Visitors Bureau enhances the community's economic vitality and livability by encouraging the development and growth of the region's visitor and hospitality industry.
Springfield will be a widely recognized destination, welcoming people from around the world to visit, explore and experience the quality of life we enjoy every day.
- To be an economic driver for the community
- To have Springfield recognized as a premier travel destination
- To be an industry leader
- To be the organization of choice for stakeholders
- To increase funding for the organization’s promotion of Springfield
- To take a leadership role in creating regional collaboration
Core Purpose Statement
Improving the economic vitality of our community by asking others to visit, explore, and enjoy the many things we enjoy daily.
Click to view PDF presentations from our October 2022 CVB Connections seminar.