From fishing lure collectors and baseball players to realtors and attorneys, groups coming to Springfield in the next several weeks run the gamut when it comes to their focus.
Local businesses are encouraged to make the groups feel at home with messages on marquees and through other methods that will make them feel welcome and enjoy their stay in the city.
The list below represents groups booked by the Convention & Visitors Bureau as well as groups booked directly through hotels. It does not represent every group coming to the city.
Learn more about how to get a group to the city by calling the CVB’s Sales Department at 417-881-5300 or 800-678-8767.
- July 6-11, National Fishing Lure Collectors Club, 2,500 attendees, 1,013 room nights
- July 7-9, Missouri Dairy Grazing Conference, 200 attendees, 275 room nights
- July 9-11, American Legion Department of Missouri Convention, 600 attendees, 446 room nights
- July 10-12, Franciscan University of Steubenville St. Louis Mid America 1, 5,000 attendees, 3,600 room nights (dorm rooms and hotels)
- July 14-17, Missouri Association for Pupil Transportation 50th Annual Conference and Trade Show, 180 attendees, 450 room nights
- July 14-19, Premier Baseball Senior Championships, 700 attendees, 2,335 room nights
- July 17-19, Franciscan University of Steubenville St. Louis Mid America 2, 5,000 attendees, 3,894 room nights (dorm rooms and hotels)
- July 20-23, Missouri Association for Career and Technical Education Joint Summer Conference, 1,500 attendees, 1,892 room nights
- July 23-26, Jehovah’s Witnesses Summer Regional Convention – Spanish, 3,000 attendees, 3,000 room nights
- July 27-August 2, North American Envirothon, 500 attendees, 500 room nights
- July 29-August 1, Missouri 4-H Center for Youth Development Western Heritage Project, 300 attendees, 420 room nights
- July 30-August 2, Amateur Softball Association Girls 18U “A” Fast Pitch Northern National Championship, 1,000 attendees, 1,225 room nights
- July 31-August 2, Kiwanis International 65th Annual Missouri-Arkansas District Convention/100th Year Anniversary Celebration, 500 attendees, 300 room nights
- Aug. 10-14, U.S. Attorney’s Office – Western District of Missouri Law Enforcement Coordinating Committee, 150 people, 187 room nights
- Sept. 22-25, Missouri Realtors Business Conference and Inaugural Dinner, 300 attendees, 330 room nights
- Sept. 23-25, American Society of Engineering Education Zone III Conference, 220 attendees, 232 room nights
- Sept. 25-26, Frisco Organization-St. Louis and San Francisco Railroad Historical & Modeling Society Annual Fall Railroad Show, 75 attendees, 75 room nights
- Sept. 26-27, 27th Annual O’Reilly Auto Parts Street Machine Nationals, 1,500 attendees, 1,150 room nights