The CVB's ad campaign targeting leisure travelers has received a 2012 Bronze Telly Award.
Founded in 1979, the Telly Awards is the premier award honoring outstanding local, regional, and cable TV commercials and programs, the finest video and film productions, and web commercials, videos and films. Winners represent the best work of the most respected advertising agencies, production companies, television stations, cable operators, and corporate video departments in the world.
The Silver Council, a panel of previous Silver Telly Award winners, evaluated entries to recognize distinction in creative work. Entries do not compete against each other, rather entries are judged against a high standard of merit. Less than 10% of entries are chosen as Winners of a Silver Telly, the highest honor. Other outstanding work is awarded a Bronze Telly.
New Advertisers & Marketing Partners
More than 3 million overnight visitors come to Springfield annually and the number of day trip visitors is even greater. More than 800,000 people fly in and out of Springfield-Branson National Airport annually.
One way to tap into that pool of potential customers is through CVB marketing opportunities targeting visitors and meeting/convention/event planners. CVB marketing specialists can assist you in developing a strategic media plan to reach visitors via a combination of print, online, mobile, display and promotional opportunities. For information about advertising opportunities or the Marketing Partnership Program for businesses outside Springfield, call 417-881-5300 and ask for Partner Development Manager Jane Rips. Information also is available on our website.
We welcome those that recently made the decision to utilize CVB marketing opportunities to promote their businesses to tourists and meeting and event planners.
- 425 Downtown Banquet & Catering Facility
- Blue Taxi
- Complete Music Disc Jockey
- Hollywood Theatre
- Randy Buckner, guitarist
- Sweet Spot Cakery
- Which Wich Superior Sandwiches
Businesses outside Springfield city limits also can be promoted through the bureau's Marketing Partnership Program. New partners are:
- Legends in Concert - Branson
The CVB in Action
- Members of the CVB staff represented Springfield at the annual Capitol Days for Tourism event in Jefferson City March 7-8.
- The CVB provided convention services in January for three groups totaling more than 1,800 delegates and 860 room nights
Board Action in February
The CVB Board of Directors in February:
- Heard a report on the Salute to Travel & Tourism awards banquet that took place Feb. 16 at the White River Conference Center.
- Heard a report on recommendations of the Joint SHLA-CVB Lodging Tax Redistribution Committee.
- Heard a report on the Convention Competitive Assessment study.
- Attractions Council, March 14, 11:30 a.m., CVB offices
- CVB Board of Directors, 8 a.m. March 15, CVB offices
- Sales Awareness Committee Meeting, 10 a.m. March 16, Best Western Coach House Inn
- Springfield Hotel Lodging Association, 11:30 a.m. March 21, Hilton Garden Inn
- Sports Commission Board of Directors, 11:30 a.m. March 28, Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce
Groups Booked Recently by the CVB:
- Trinity Motivation, April 2012, 481 room nights
- Lake Country Soccer Champions Challenge, May 2012, 950 room nights
- National Christian Homeschool Spring Nationals, May 2012, 605 room nights
- Missouri Youth Soccer Association, June 2012, 930 room nights
Springfield Travel Statistics
|Jan. 2012||YTD 2012||YTD 2011|
|Information Centers Visits||1,380||1,380||1,416|
|Website Unique Visitors||44,056||44,056||26,546|
Springfield Hotel Statistics
|Dec. 2011||YTD 2011||YTD 2010|
|Percent of Occupancy||37.6%||53.1%||49.7%|
|Average Daily Rate||$66.50||$68.40||$65.87|
|Revenue Per Available Room||$25.02||$35.42||$32.73|