Tickets for the annual Salute to Travel & Tourism awards banquet are going fast so don’t delay if you’re planning to go!
The banquet begins with a reception at 6 p.m. followed by dinner and a program at 7 p.m. The Convention & Visitors Bureau staff will present information about the past year and upcoming marketing efforts to promote Springfield as a travel destination.
The bureau also will announce recipients of awards.
- The Hospitality Award will be presented to Hotel Vandivort. This award is presented to an attraction, lodging facility or restaurant which demonstrates outstanding hospitality to the traveling public and exhibits a team spirit in promoting growth of Springfield area travel and tourism.
- The Diplomat Award will go to Dan Lennon, director of the Missouri Division of Tourism. This award is presented to a government official, organization or employee who has provided significant support to the Springfield area travel industry.
- The Spotlight Award will go to the Price Cutter Charity Championship. This award is presented to an individual, business or organization not usually considered part of the travel and tourism industry for noteworthy contributions in advancing travel and tourism in the Springfield area.
- The Ambassador Award will go to the Missouri chapter of Future Business Leaders of America. This award is presented to individuals or organizations who generated significant economic impact for the area by working to encourage tourism or secure a major convention or event in Springfield.
- The Pinnacle Award for individuals who have been active in the travel industry for many years and have made substantial contributions to the betterment of the Springfield area’s travel industry will be announced at the banquet.
Tickets can be purchased at www.springfieldmo.org/banquet or call 417-881-5300. Cost is $50 per person or $475 for a table of 10.
To view a list of previous award recipients, go to http://bit.ly/RrDDfZ.
Many thanks to this year’s sponsors:
- John Q. Hammons Hotels & Resorts
- Ramada Plaza Hotel & Oasis Convention Center
- Gold Sponsors
- Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World
- Downhome Productions
- Elliott Lodging
- History Museum on the Square
- O’Reilly Hospitality Management
- Rolling Oaks Hospitality
- Walker Hospitality Group
- Silver Sponsors
- Creative Escape Glass
- Kingery Printing Company
- Learfield News
- Springfield-Branson National Airport
- Bronze Sponsors
- Cantrell-Barnes Printing
- Collegiate Awards
- Gary Ellison Productions
- Missouri Meetings & Events