With fall approaching, we’ll soon see leaves drifting to the ground along with the visitors roaming around while they’re in the city for group events.
September and October are busy months this year with a wide variety of events including conferences, seminars, reunions and sports.
Check out the list below and be sure to post welcome messages on your marquee to let the groups know their business is appreciated.
The list represents groups booked by the Convention & Visitors Bureau as well as groups booked directly through hotels and event venues. It does not represent every group coming to the city. The statistics represent anticipated attendees and room nights and are subject to change.
Learn more about how to get a group to the city by calling the CVB’s Sales Department at 417-881-5300 or 800-678-8767.
- Sept. 6-9 - Missouri Association of Public Safety Communications Officials International Fall Conference, 125 attendees, 238 room nights
- Sept. 12-15 - Positronic Global Sales Meeting, 100 attendees, 150 room nights
- Sept. 20-23 - 2nd Indianhead Division Association 95th Annual Reunion, 125 attendees, 300 room nights
- Sept. 21-23 - Institute of Management Accountants 15th Annual Heartland Regional Council, 300 attendees, 150 room nights
- Sept. 24-25 - O’Reilly Auto Parts Street Machine Nationals, 20,000 attendees, 1,150 room nights
- Sept. 27-29 - Missouri Department of Conservation Forestry Division Training Conference, 225 attendees, 240 room nights
- Sept. 27-29 - Association of American Feed Control Officials BITS Training Seminar, 60 attendees, 184 room nights
- Oct. 1-2 - Missouri Baptist Convention Women’s Ministry Hope Out Loud, 750 attendees, 150 room nights
- Oct. 3-9 - Firebase Ripcord Association Annual Reunion, 150 attendees, 295 room nights
- Oct. 5-7 - Missouri Library Association Conference, 350 attendees, 380 room nights
- Oct. 5-7 - American Planning Association State Conference, 400 attendees, 200 room nights
- Oct. 6-9 - Christian Church of Mid America/Disciples of Christ Regional Assembly, 250 attendees, 230 room nights
- Oct. 6-8 - James River Assemblies of God Designed for Life Women’s Conference 1, 7,000 attendees, 900 room nights
- Oct. 7-9 - CrossFit Games Heart of America Competition, 800 attendees, 350 room nights
- Oct. 13-15 - James River Assemblies of God Designed for Life Women’s Conference 2, 7,000 attendees, 900 room nights
- Oct. 14-16 - Lake Country Soccer Fall Classic, 3,200 attendees, 932 room nights
- Oct. 19-22 - National Christian HomeSchool Championships Volleyball Nationals, 2,000 attendees, 880 room nights
- Oct. 20-22 - Missouri State High School Activities Association State Softball Championship, 4,000 attendees, 415 room nights
- Oct. 21-23 - Missouri Youth Soccer Association Fall State Cup Pool Play, 4,000 attendees, 1,274 room nights
- Oct. 22-26 - NAFSA Association of International Educators Region IV Conference, 325 attendees, 325 room nights
- Oct. 27-29 - National Christian HomeSchool Championships Basketball National Tip Off Tournament & Fall Nationals, 1,500 attendees, 660 room nights
- Oct. 28-30 - Missouri State University Club Soccer Regional, 500 attendees, 120 room nights