The CVB is seeking qualified applicants for a group sales coordinator/group tour and small meetings specialist.
The successful applicant will be responsible for providing support to the Group Sales and Services Department and overseeing the group tour and small meetings market.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Assist with research, prospecting and qualifying of new accounts.
- Assist with familiarization tours, sales blitzes and other sales-related projects.
- Assist with data entry, postage/shipping, deliveries and office errands.
- Assist with bid proposal and presentation preparation.
- Manage sales and service efforts for the group tour market.
- Attend group tour and other travel-related trade shows and events. Some events will require overnight travel.
- Manage assigned small meetings accounts in client relationship management software program.
- Assist with administrative projects as needed.
- Assist the event services manager as backup when needed.
Education and/or Experience:
- College degree preferred but not required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Previous hotel sales or tourism-related experience a plus.
- Good computer and technical skills required.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to work regular office hours on site.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have good customer service skills.
- Must be willing to work on a weekend if needed.
- Must be willing to assist in other departments as needed.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to drive company owned vehicle or a rental car when on work assignments when necessary.
- Must be willing to travel on occasion when needed.
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds and be willing to move boxes of supplies as needed.
- On occasion may be required to work overtime.
- Must be mobile for several hours during trade shows and other events.
Submit resumes to Dana Maugans at firstname.lastname@example.org.