A variety of groups will be in Springfield this winter, including a couple sporting events that are big enough the attendees are booking rooms at hotels throughout the city.
Large groups coming to Springfield soon are:
March 7-17 - Missouri State High School Activities Association, 40,000 attendees, 6,500 room nights
March 10-17 - National Christian HomeSchool Championships 2018 Basketball Nationals, 10,000 attendees, 7,126 room nights
Local businesses are encouraged to welcome groups on their marquees and in other ways, and to prepare for large numbers of people shopping, dining and visiting attractions.
Other groups of interest include the following:
- Dec. 6-7 - Missouri Common Ground Alliance Damage Prevention & Excavation Safety Summit, 1,700 attendees, 770 room nights
- Jan. 18-20 - Missouri Dairy Association Heart of America Dairy Expo, 300 attendees, 220 room nights
- Jan. 25-27 - Missouri Land Improvement Contractors Association Winter Convention, 90 attendees, 130 room nights
- Feb. 8-10 - Assemblies of God Royal Rangers National LEAD Conference, 400 attendees, 502 room nights
- Feb. 19-21 - Missouri Water Well Association Annual Conference, 190 attendees, 201 room nights
The lists above represent groups booked by the Convention & Visitors Bureau as well as groups booked directly through hotels and event venues. It does not represent every group coming to the city. The statistics represent anticipated attendees and room nights and are subject to change.
Learn more about how to get a group to the city by calling the CVB’s Sales Department at 417-881-5300 or 800-678-8767.
CVB partners who want to know which hotel is headquarters and how many rooms are booked on peak night for events listed in Issues & Info can access a convention calendar on Connect SGF. Once logged in, click “reports,” then select the calendar you want to view. If you need help logging in, contact Tonia Castaneda at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 417-881-5300, ext. 121.