The Convention & Visitors Bureau sales staff works year round to bring group events to Springfield. They attend trade shows, conduct sales blitzes and do a variety of other activities to showcase the city’s meeting and lodging facilities. The sales process can take months or even years as you’ll see from the list of groups booked during the first quarter of FY 14/15 below.
If you know of a group that could meet in Springfield, call 417-881-5300 and ask for a member of our Sales Department. Check out www.SelectSpringfield.com for information about services the CVB provides to meeting and event planners, facilities, resources, etc.
Groups coming to the city soon are listed below, followed by the list of groups booked during the first quarter of the fiscal year.
We encourage you to welcome groups to the city with a message on your business’ marquee and in other creative ways.
- December 12 -13 - Dynamic Gymnastics, Attendance: 400
- January 19 - Union Pacific, 2105 Union Pacific Railroad, Attendance: 65
- January 22-24 - Missouri Dairy Association Heart of America Dairy Expo, Attendance: 300
- February 5-7 - Missouri Organic Association MOA Annual Conference, Attendance: 400
- February 12-15 - Show Me Clowns for Jesus National Conference, Attendance: 200
- February 16-19 - Missouri Geographic Information Systems Advisory Council Biennial MGISAC Conference , Attendance: 200
- February 23-27 - Missouri Park & Recreation Association Annual MPRA Conference Expo, Attendance: 475
Groups Booked During the First Quarter of FY 14/15
- Future Business Leaders of America, April 2015, 4,000 attendees, 1,597 room nights
- MSHSAA Speech & Debate, April 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, 1,000 attendees and 700 room nights each year
- Delta Sigma Pi, October 2015, 350 attendees, 152 room nights
- Missouri Harley Owners Group, June 2015, 800 attendees, 817 room nights
- Missouri Association of Realtors, September 2015, 300 attendees, 330 room nights
- Missouri Public Library Directors Association, June 2015, 60 attendees, 70 room nights
- Missouri Juvenile Detention Alternative Initiative, June 2014, 280 attendees, 530 room nights
- Missouri Society of Accountants, June 2015, 100 attendees, 120 room nights
- National Federation of the Blind-Missouri, April 2016, 150 attendees, 125 room nights
- NAFSA Association of International Educators, October 2016, 300 attendees, 325 room nights
- U.S. Attorney’s Office on Law Enforcement Comm., August 2015 and 2016, 150 attendees and 187 room nights each year
- Delta Tau Delta, February 2016, 250 attendees, 189 room nights
- Premiere Baseball Senior Championships, July 2015, 1,000 attendees, 2,000 room nights
- Premiere Baseball Incoming Freshman Championships, July 2015, 800 attendees, 1,500 room nights
- Dynamic Gymnastics, December 2014, 400 attendees, 300 room nights