A variety of groups will be in Springfield in the coming weeks, including several that are big enough the attendees are booking rooms at hotels throughout the city.
Large groups coming to Springfield soon are:
Sept. 22-23 - 2017 29th Annual O’Reilly Auto Parts Fall Street Machine Nationals, 20,000 attendees, 1,560 room nights
Oct. 13-15 - Lake Country Soccer 2017 Sport Shake Fall Classic, 5,000 attendees, 1,008 room nights
Oct. 21-22 - Missouri Youth Soccer Association 2017 Fall Presidents Cup, 2,700 attendees, 800 room nights
Local businesses are encouraged to welcome groups on their marquees and in other ways, and to prepare for large numbers of people shopping, dining and visiting attractions.
Other groups of interest in October include the following:
- Oct. 9-13 - Missionary Baptist State Convention of Missouri, 200 attendees, 250 room nights
- Oct. 12-14 - James River Assemblies of God Designed for Life Women’s Conference 1, 7,000 attendees, room nights not available
- Oct. 18-21 - Missouri Society of Professional Surveyors, 250 attendees, 358 room nights
- Oct. 19-21 - Missouri State High School Activities Association Softball Championship, 4,000 attendees, 510 room nights
- Oct. 19-21 - National Christian Homeschool Championships Volleyball Nationals, 2,000 attendees, 806 room nights
- Oct. 19-21 - James River Assemblies of God Designed for Life Women’s Conference 2, 4,000 attendees, room nights not available
- Oct. 20-21 - Jehovah’s Witnesses Fall Circuit Meeting, 1,500 attendees, 200 room nights
- Oct. 21-22 - Missouri Youth Soccer Association Fall Presidents Cups, 2,700 attendees, 800 room nights
- Oct. 24-26 - Missouri Chapter of National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials, 150 attendees, 225 room nights
- Oct. 26-28 - National Christian Homeschool Championships Basketball National Tip Off, 1,500 attendees, 654 room nights
The lists above represent groups booked by the Convention & Visitors Bureau as well as groups booked directly through hotels and event venues. It does not represent every group coming to the city. The statistics represent anticipated attendees and room nights and are subject to change.
Learn more about how to get a group to the city by calling the CVB’s Sales Department at 417-881-5300 or 800-678-8767.
CVB partners who want to know which hotel is headquarters and how many rooms are booked on peak night for events listed in Issues & Info can access a convention calendar on Connect SGF. Once logged in, click “reports,” then select the calendar you want to view. If you need help logging in, contact Tonia Castaneda at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 417-881-4300, ext. 121.