The Missouri Travel Council is accepting applications for two $1,000 scholarships payable to the institution of higher learning of the applicant’s choice. Guidelines for the “Bob Smith Tourism Scholarship” follow:
- Applicant must be currently enrolled as a sophomore, junior or senior in an accredited college or university in Missouri.
- Applicant must be pursuing a hospitality-related major such as hotel/restaurant management, parks and recreation, etc.
- Applicant must be a current resident of Missouri.
- Applicant must have a grade point average of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicant is required to submit at least one letter of recommendation.
- Applicant is required to complete the Scholarship Application Form and submit to MTC office. Areas of interest include: Goals/Future Plans/Statement of Why You Are Pursuing A Career in Hospitality/Tourism Field; Community Involvement; Academic Activities/Achievement and Hospitality/Tourism-Related Experience.
- Application and letter(s) of recommendation must be received at Missouri Travel Council office by March 1, 2015.
- Recipients will be notified by March 15, 2015.
Priority of selection criteria is as follows:
- Letter(s) of Recommendation - 10%
- Goals/Plans - 20%
- Community Involvement - 20%
- Academic Activities/Achievement - 30%
- Hospitality/Tourism Related Experience - 30%
CLICK HERE to download the scholarship application in Adobe pdf format. Mail to Missouri Travel Council, P.O. Box 105908, Jefferson City, MO 65110.
For more information, contact Pat Amick, MTC executive director, at 573-636-2814 or email@example.com.