A variety of groups will be in Springfield over the next couple months, including several that are big enough the attendees are booking rooms at hotels throughout the city.
Large groups coming to Springfield soon are:
June 9-12 - United Methodist Church Missouri Conference of the United Methodist Church, 1,500 attendees, 2,425 room nights
June 27-July 2 - Premier Baseball Incoming Freshman Championship, 2,400 attendees, 2,205 room nights
July 6-9 - Jehovah’s Witnesses Summer Regional Convention, 6,000 attendees, 1,935 room nights
July 24-27 - Missouri Association for Career & Technical Education Joint Summer Conference, 1,300 attendees, 1,576 room nights
July 28-29 - Rally to the Cross for the Revival of America, 4,000 attendees, 700 room nights
Local businesses are encouraged to welcome groups on their marquees and in other ways, and to prepare for large numbers of people shopping, dining and visiting attractions.
Other groups of interest include the following:
- June 2-4 - Special Olympics Missouri Summer Games, 1,800 people, 90 room nights
- June 7-11 - Veterans of Foreign Wars Department Missouri State Convention, 650 attendees, 515 room nights
- June 11-13 - Missouri State Association of Licensed Practical Nurses Annual Convention, 250 attendees, 330 room nights
- June 14-17 - American Simmental Association South Central Regional Classic, 200 attendees, 120 room nights
- June 15-17 - National Federation of the Pachyderm Clubs 50th Jubilee Pachyderm National Convention, 300 room nights, 250 attendees
- June 15-18 - V Tool Baseball Showcases Five Tool Central Opener, 1,500 attendees, 700 room nights
- June 16-18 - USSSA Baseball, 1,500 attendees, 750 room nights
- June 19-22 - Midwest Association of Student Employment Administrators Conference, 50 attendees, 120 room nights
- June 22-27 - International Order of the Rainbow for Girls Missouri Grand Assembly, 300 attendees, 525 room nights
- July 12-14 - Laura Ingalls Wilder Legacy and Research Association Laurapalooza 2017 Conference, 250 attendees, 300 room nights
- July 14-16 - American Emu Association Annual National Convention, 75 attendees, 115 room nights
- July 21-23 - Franciscan University of Steubenville, 4,500 attendees, 582 room nights
- July 28-30 - Next Level Sport Karate - 7th annual Ozark Mountain Nationals, 1,000 attendees, 400 room nights
- July 31-Aug. 4 - Missouri D.A.R.E. Officers’ Association Convention, 300 attendees, 410 room nights
The lists above represent groups booked by the Convention & Visitors Bureau as well as groups booked directly through hotels and event venues. It does not represent every group coming to the city. The statistics represent anticipated attendees and room nights and are subject to change.
Learn more about how to get a group to the city by calling the CVB’s Sales Department at 417-881-5300 or 800-678-8767.
CVB partners who want to know which hotel is headquarters and how many rooms are booked on peak night for events listed in Issues & Info can access a convention calendar on Connect SGF. Once logged in, click “reports,” then select the calendar you want to view. If you need help logging in, contact Tonia Castaneda at email@example.com or call 417-881-4300, ext. 121.