The Convention & Visitors Bureau is now publishing an Event Guide twice annually.
The 12-page magazine-style guide is a marketing tool that will be used to encourage travel to the city.
The bureau mailed 15,000 copies of the inaugural spring/summer issue to consumers and 5,000 copies are available at the CVB offices, 815 E. St. Louis St.
To be considered, events should:
- be located within the Springfield metropolitan area
- be non-partisan and non-political
- provide entertainment, food or other attractions to a diverse population
- promote the economic benefits of tourism or enhance the quality of life of the community
- be open to the general public (for free or cost)
If you need assistance submitting events, contact Tonia Castaneda at firstname.lastname@example.org.