The Springfield Convention & Visitors Bureau has rescheduled the 2013 Salute to Travel & Tourism awards banquet tonight. The banquet has been rescheduled for 6 p.m. Feb. 28 at the Ramada Oasis Hotel & Convention Center.
We hope to see you there in your 1950's-era costumes!
For more information, call 417-881-5300 or 800-678-8767.
Awards are presented in five categories:
- Pinnacle Award – for individuals who have been active in the travel industry for many years and have made substantial contributions to the betterment of the Springfield area’s travel industry. This award remains secret until the night of the banquet.
- Hospitality Award – presented to an attraction, lodging facility or restaurant which demonstrates outstanding hospitality to the traveling public and exhibits a team spirit in promoting growth of Springfield area travel and tourism. This year the award goes to University Plaza Hotel & Convention Center.
- Diplomat Award – presented to a government official, organization or employee who has provided significant support to the Springfield area travel industry. The award will be presented to Missouri Representatives Sara Lampe and Lincoln Hough.
- Spotlight Award – presented to an individual, business or organization not usually considered part of the travel and tourism industry for noteworthy contributions in advancing travel and tourism in the Springfield area. The award goes to Leah Hamilton, director of the Springfield Regional Arts Council.
- Ambassador Award – presented to individuals or organizations who generated significant economic impact for the area by working to encourage tourism or secure a major convention or event in Springfield. The award will be presented to the Missouri Holstein Association.
Tickets are $50 per person or $475 per table of 10. They can be purchased athttp://banquet.springfieldmo.org/.
The Convention & Visitors Bureau wishes to thank the following banquet sponsors:
- Ramada Oasis Convention Center
- History Museum on the Square
- Elliott Lodging
- John Q. Hammons Hotels & Resorts
- DoubleTree by Hilton Springfield
- Downhome Productions
- Bass Print Solutions
- Kingery Printing Co.
- Learfield Communications
- Baum’s Branding Powered by PROforma
- Springfield-Branson National Airport
- 7C’s Winery
- OOVVDA Winery
- Gerry Averett Photography
- Gary Ellison Productions
- Linda’s Flowers
- Rock, Roll & Reminisce
- Missouri Meetings & Events Magazine
The CVB is a nonprofit organization dedicated to boosting the local economy by promoting travel and tourism to Springfield.