The Springfield Convention & Visitors Bureau sales department conducts a variety of programs to encourage meeting and event planners to choose Springfield for group business.
Recent and upcoming programs include:
- With the Branson CVB, a familiarization tour is planned for the International Association of Golf Tour Operators in September. About 20 golf tour operators will be in Springfield for the event Sept. 15-16.
- A sales blitz was conducted in August with hotel sales representatives. More than 200 prospecting calls were made during the two-day blitz.
- A local co-op that includes the CVB and the DoubleTree, Oasis and University Plaza hotels has developed a direct mail sales piece to send to convention planners. The piece is completed and delivery begins soon.
- A sales blitz targeting association meeting planners in Jefferson City is planned for this fall.
Along with those types of activities, sales staff represent the city at trade shows and other events that bring event planners and destination marketing organizations together. Coming up or recently attended events include:
- Connect Marketplace
- Connect Sports
- National Association of Motorcoach Operators
- Missouri Society of Association Executives
- Missouri Event Summit
For more information, contact Dana Maugans at firstname.lastname@example.org or 417-881-5300, ext. 101.