Ozarks GreenScore will host a ceremony at 2 p.m. May 13 at the Greenstay Hotel and Suites, 220 N. Ingram Mill Road to recognize Elliott Lodging, Ltd. for the company's commitment and accomplishments, including reaching Silver and Gold Levels with several of their properties.
Ozarks GreenScore is a voluntary, non-regulatory program designed to educate, assist and recognize area businesses and organizations as they adopt environmentally sustainable practices. Quantitative and onsite assessments evaluate the participating organizations’ performance on criteria such as waste management, energy management, policy management, water conservation, as well as air and water quality protection. Organizations are recognized as achieving the Bronze, Silver, Gold or Green level based on their performance scores. Informational resources and technical assistance is also available through the program to assist organizations in completing their worksheets, and identifying and implementing additional opportunities to raise their GreenScores and earn the associated higher level designation.
Drury University’s Ozarks Center for Sustainable Solutions, Drury Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE), the Partnership for Sustainability and Springfield/Greene County Choose Environmental Excellence sponsor Ozarks GreenScore, with an additional nearly 20 organizations and agencies offering technical assistance as a part of the project.
Elliott Lodging, Ltd. accomplishments include:
- Nine hotels have been certified by Ozark Greenscore: 1 gold level, 2 silver, and 6 bronze.
- Ten hotels meet requirements for Missouri Hotel and Lodging Association Certified Green Program.
- Overall, Greenstay Hotel and Suites has been able to reduce their trash production by 35% and increase the amount recycled by 95%.
- Greenstay Hotel and Suites purchases 15 (1500kWh) blocks of wind energy through City Utilities of Springfield.
- Between 2009 and 2010, Greenstay reduced electricity consumption per occupancy percentage by 21%, natural gas consumption per occupancy percentage by 3%, and water consumption per occupancy percentage by 9.5%.
- Between 2009 and 2010, Best Western Coach House reduced electricity consumption per occupancy percentage by 6.5%, natural gas consumption per occupancy percentage by 1%, and water consumption per occupancy percentage by 21%.
- Between 2009 and 2010, Baymont Inn and Suites reduced electricity consumption per occupancy percentage by 7.3%, natural gas consumption per occupancy percentage by 22%, and water consumption per occupancy percentage by 23%.
Certificates to be presented at the ceremony:
- GreenScore Gold Level: Greenstay Hotel and Suites
- GreenScore Silver Level: Candlewood Suites at I-44 and Candlewood Suites South
- GreenScore Bronze Level: Baymont Inn and Suites; Best Western Coach House Inn; Best Western Route 66 Rail Haven; Homestay Inn; Lamplighter Inn and Suites North Convention Center; Lamplighter Inn and Suites South
- Arbor Suites at the Mall and Arbor Suites Medical Mile have just recently been enrolled in the GreenScore program
- Show-Me Yards & Neighborhoods (environmentally responsible lawn care program) certification: Best Western Coach House Inn; Greenstay Hotel and Suites; Candlewood Suites South; Best Western Route 66 Rail Haven
“For our hotels, the lack of sustainability equates to wasted resources, loss of revenue, and the inability to support a healthy environment. Ozarks GreenScore serves as a catalyst by helping us assess our baseline status, identify areas for improvement, and help us implement these improvements. These accomplishments are than celebrated throughout our entire company,” said Gordon Elliott, owner of Elliott Lodging, Ltd.
For further information: www.OzarksGreenScore.com and www.OzarksEnvironment.com (How Green is YOUR Business?)