The Springfield Convention & Visitors Bureau is hiring a marketing assistant. Details for this position and how to apply are below:
Provides general support to the marketing department through the coordination of marketing publications, special events, research programs and the maintenance of partner and event data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Manages data related to Springfield travel listings and events for CVB and third-party publications.
- Coordinates the bidding, production schedules, and inventory management for all collateral material.
- Oversees “Discover SGF” online hospitality training program and assists with participant recruitment.
- Secures gift basket items, comp tickets/discount policies and trip giveaways for public relations and in-kind advertising opportunities.
- Coordinates travel arrangements and itineraries for travel writers and marketing department staff.
- Tracks advertising effectiveness through CRM system and runs reports as needed for the director of marketing.
- Works with the director of marketing to conduct necessary advertising research to fulfill cooperative marketing requirements.
- Serves as backup for the advertising sales assistant.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail needed for proofreading website content, reports and correspondence.
- Excellent organizational skills are required to maintain meticulous files.
- Ability to set goals and prioritize tasks to maintain workload.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle stressful situations in a calm, professional manner.
- Ability to recall information such as dates, names, files, and projects.
- Ability to work well within a membership organization and participate in committee decision-making.
Desirable Education, Training and Experience:
- Desktop publishing experience a plus.
- Familiarity with the Springfield area.
- Experience in a tourism-related organization a plus.
- Or any combination of education, training and experience that would qualify the individual for the position.
Email your resume and references to Sean Dixon, Assistant Marketing Director, at email@example.com.
About the Springfield Convention & Visitors Bureau
The Springfield Convention & Visitors Bureau was formed in 1979 as the hospitality arm of the Chamber of Commerce. The Bureau was incorporated independently as a not-for-profit corporation under the laws of the State of Missouri in 1989. The CVB is a marketing and service organization which contracts annually with the City of Springfield to promote economic development through travel and tourism.