The Convention & Visitors Bureau is accepting nominations for the annual Salute to Travel & Tourism Awards to be presented at an awards banquet Feb. 21, 2013. The nomination deadline is Dec. 18, 2012.
Awards are presented in five categories:
- Pinnacle Award – for individuals who have been active in the travel industry for many years and have made substantial contributions to the betterment of the Springfield area’s travel industry.
- Hospitality Award – presented to an attraction, lodging facility or restaurant which demonstrates outstanding hospitality to the traveling public and exhibits a team spirit in promoting growth of Springfield area travel and tourism.
- Diplomat Award – presented to a government official, organization or employee who has provided significant support to the Springfield area travel industry.
- Spotlight Award – presented to an individual, business or organization not usually considered part of the travel and tourism industry for noteworthy contributions in advancing travel and tourism in the Springfield area.
- Ambassador Award - presented to individuals or organizations who generated significant economic impact for the area by working to encourage tourism or secure a major convention or event in Springfield.
To view a list of previous award recipients, go to http://bit.ly/RrDDfZ. Previous recipients are eligible to receive additional awards.
Submit nominations here: http://bit.ly/Ue567p.
For more information, call the CVB at 417-881-5300 or 800-678-8767. The CVB is a nonprofit marketing organization dedicated to enhancing the local economy through growth in the travel and tourism industry.