Congratulations to the staff at Ozark Empire Fair for receiving 16 awards at the 124th Annual International Association of Fairs and Expositions Convention Dec. 7-11 in Las Vegas.
Those awards include:
The fair received four awards in the Agriculture Awards category.
- A first place Agricultural Award of Excellence was received for the Ozark Empire Fair’s program featuring a Non-Fair Agricultural Event, The Beer Wine Cheese and Chocolate Festival in February annually.
- The Ag-venture program developed for the 2014 Ozark Empire Fair received multiple accolades, including second in printed material to promote agricultural programs.
- Third place was received for the Overall Agricultural Program for the Non-agricultural Fairgoing Public and Consumer Awareness in the Agriculture Environment.
Ten Awards of Distinction for Competitive Exhibits were received.
- Five first place awards were received for the decorated cakes theme class, Lego to the Fair Contest, Flower Show Design, Stanley Horton and Roses Photo Series, and the Larry and Josephine Dowell Lace and Embroidery Demo Area.
- Second place awards were received for the Faraway Fusion contest, use of the fair theme: Summer’s Biggest Party, and the Pinewood and PowderPuff Derby.
- Third place awards were received in Competitive Exhibit Display Photo and General Display Photo.
Two third place Awards of Distinction were received in Communications for Summer’s Biggest Party cups and t-shirts in the Unique Advertising Specialties/Souvenirs category and the television category for the commercial produced by KY3.
The purpose of all award categories is to encourage fair members to share ideas and methods, while recognizing fairs doing an outstanding job.
There are a total of 14 Agriculture Award categories, 13 award categories for Competitive Exhibits, and 21 award categories for the Communications Awards offered by IAFE. Each category is divided into 5 divisions by attendance.
Entries are evaluated and judged by a team of industry leaders selected from the membership of International Association of Fairs and Expositions, which has over 1,200 members from around the globe.
The International Association of Fairs and Expositions (IAFE), based in Springfield, is a voluntary, nonprofit corporation, serving state, provincial, regional, and county agricultural fairs, shows, exhibitions, and expositions. Its associate members include state and provincial associations of fairs, non-agricultural expositions and festivals, associations, corporations, and individuals engaged in providing products and services to its members, all of whom are interested in the improvement of fairs, shows, expositions, and allied fields.
The 2015 Ozark Empire Fair is set for July 30-Aug 8.