The CVB Sales Department is always working to bring groups to the city. Whether they’re attending trade shows or conducting sales blitzes, they’re on their toes all the time.
Recent and upcoming activities include the following:
Sales director Dana Maugans will represent the city at the American Bus Association Marketplace in January.
Sales staff, along with Sammie Springfield the spokesmonkey, have been delivering Andy’s Frozen Custard to clients. In all, 400 deliveries will be made.
Sales manager Melissa Evans will represent the city at the Professional Convention Management Association Convening Leaders convention in January and recently attended the Missouri Society of Association Executives holiday event.
Sales manager Lisa Perez also attended the MSAE holiday event, chaired the Society of Government Meeting Planners Holiday Extravaganza and conducted site visits for groups considering Springfield for their events.
Lance Kettering, sports sales manager for the CVB and executive director of the Sports Commission, recently attended the TEAMS Conference and Amateur Athletic Union Conference.
Carrie Edinborough, convention services manager, provided services for two groups with more than 2,400 delegates and 300 room nights. She will attend the Event Services Management Association Annual Conference in January.
Below are groups coming to the city soon. Not every group listed here was booked by the CVB, and because hotels book many groups without CVB assistance, not every group coming to the city is listed here.
Please welcome these groups to our wonderful city with a message on your marquee!
- Jan. 19-23, Union Pacific, Attendance: 65
- Jan. 22-24, Missouri Dairy Association, Attendance: 300
- Feb. 5-7, Missouri Organic Association, Attendance: 400
- Feb. 12-15, Show-Me Clowns for Jesus, Attendance: 150
- Feb. 16-19, Missouri Geographic Information Systems Advisory Council, Attendance: 200
- Feb. 23-27, Missouri Park & Recreation Association, Attendance: 475
- March 2-4, Missouri Canoe and Floaters Association Annual Meeting, Attendance: 75
- March 7-13 - National Christian Homeschool Championships NCHBC Basketball Nationals, Attendance: 10,000
- March 18-23, Professional Outdoor Media Association Business Conference, Attendance: 200
- March 27-29 - Gideons International, 2015 Missouri State Convention, Attendance: 250
- March 28-29 - Lake Country Soccer Champions Challenge, Attendance: 600
- March 29-April 2 - CALLERLAB International Association of Square Dance Callers CALLERLAB Annual Convention, Attendance: 250