Several groups will have events in Springfield in the coming weeks, including conventions, conferences and sports.
And some of those are BIG! The largest - those generating 1,000 room nights or more at area hotels - are highlighted in bold below. Mark your calendars! If you work at an attraction, hotel, restaurant or retailer in the Springfield area, you’re likely to be busy.
The list below represents groups booked by the Convention & Visitors Bureau as well as groups booked directly through hotels and event venues. It does not represent every group coming to the city. The statistics represent anticipated attendees and room nights and are subject to change.
Learn more about how to get a group to the city by calling the CVB’s Sales Department at 417-881-5300 or 800-678-8767.
- Feb. 8-June 9 - Greater Ozarks Open Bowling Tournament, 11,000 attendees, 1,700 room nights
- Feb. 18-20 – Missouri Water Well Assoc. Annual Conference, 190 attendees, 104 room nights
- March 1-3 – Missouri Winter Games, 1,500 attendees, 500 room nights
- March 7-9 and March 14-16 – Missouri State High School Activities Assoc. State Basketball Championships, 40,000 attendees, 6,500 room nights
- March 7-9 – Missouri Hearing Assoc. Annual Convention & Education Seminar, 125 attendees, 120 room nights
- March 9-16 – National Christian HomeSchool Championships Basketball Nationals, 10,000 attendees, 6,123 room nights
- March 21-23 – Mary Kay, Inc. Career Conference, 2,000 attendees, 421 room nights
- April 3-7 - Electrical Rebuilders Association Trade Show, 350 attendees, 246 room nights
- April 4-7 - Missouri Order of the Amaranth Grand Court Annual Session, 175 attendees, 225 room nights
- April 5-7 - Missouri Parent Teacher Association Convention, 300 attendees, room nights not available
- April 6-7 - USSSA Baseball Tournament, 1,000 attendees, 100 room nights
- April 9-12 - Recorders Association of Missouri Annual Conference, 150 attendees, 400 room nights
- April 14-16 - Missouri FBLA - Phi Beta Lambda State Leadership Conference, 5,800 attendees, 2,746 room nights
- April 11-14 - Gideons International State Convention, 250 attendees, 400 room nights
- April 13 - Jehovah’s Witnesses April Circuit Meeting, 1,500 attendees, 100 room nights
- April 19-20 - MSHSAA Speech, Debate & Theatre State Championships, 1,500 attendees, 700 room nights
- April 24-27 - Shrine Directors Association, 400 attendees, 562 room nights
- April 25-27 - Missouri District United Pentecostal Church Ladies Conference, 1,200 attendees, 582 room nights
- April 26-28 - Delta Kappa Gamma Society International State Convention, 200 attendees, 100 room nights
- April 26-28 - Lake Country Soccer Ozarks Coca-Cola Dr Pepper Cup, 5,000 attendees, 1,200 room nights
- April 27-28 - USSSA Baseball Tournament, 1,000 attendees, 100 room nights
- April 28-May 1 - The Chosin Few, Army Chapter Reunion, 150 attendees, 150 room nights
- April 30-May 4 - The World Taxidermy and Fish Carving Championships, 1,800 attendees, 2,245 room nights