A variety of groups will be in Springfield over the next couple months, including several that are big enough the attendees are booking rooms at hotels throughout the city.
Large groups coming to Springfield soon are:
- July 24-27 – Missouri Association for Career & Technical Education Join Summer Conference, 1,300 attendees, 1,576 room nights
- July 28-29 – Rally to the Cross for the Revival of America, 4,000 attendees, 700 room nights
Local businesses are encouraged to welcome groups on their marquees and in other ways, and to prepare for large numbers of people shopping, dining and visiting attractions.
Other groups of interest include the following:
- July 12-14 - Laura Ingalls Wilder Legacy and Research Association, 250 attendees, 300 room nights
- July 14-16 - Franciscan University of Steubenville St. Louis Mid America 1, 4,500 attendees, 560 room nights
- July 14-16 - American Emu Association Annual National Convention, 75 attendees, 115 room nights
- July 21-23 - Franciscan University of Steubenville St. Louis Mid America 1, 4,500 attendees, 582 room nights
- July 28-30 - Next Level Sport Karate Ozark Mountain Nationals, 1,000 attendees, 400 room nights
- July 30-Aug. 1 - Missouri Young Farmers Association/Missouri Young Farmers Wives Association Summer Tour, 200 attendees, 300 room nights
- July 31-Aug. 4 - Missouri D.A.R.E. Officers’ Association Convention, 300 attendees, 410 room nights
- Aug. 3-6 - Kiwanis International Annual Missouri-Arkansas District Convention, 275 attendees, 275 room nights
- Aug. 6-8 - Missouri Public Transit Association, 300 attendees, 275 room nights
- Aug. 9-13 - USA BMX National Series Event, 1,800 attendees, 475 room nights
The lists above represent groups booked by the Convention & Visitors Bureau as well as groups booked directly through hotels and event venues. It does not represent every group coming to the city. The statistics represent anticipated attendees and room nights and are subject to change.
Learn more about how to get a group to the city by calling the CVB’s Sales Department at 417-881-5300 or 800-678-8767.
CVB partners who want to know which hotel is headquarters and how many rooms are booked on peak night for events listed in Issues & Info can access a convention calendar on Connect SGF. Once logged in, click “reports,” then select the calendar you want to view. If you need help logging in, contact Tonia Castaneda at email@example.com or call 417-881-4300, ext. 121.