A variety of groups will be in Springfield over the next few months, including the National Beta Club Missouri Senior Beta Annual Convention.
About 3,000 people are expected to attend the event that will generate 2,250 room nights at hotels throughout the city Nov. 30-Dec. 3.
Local businesses are encouraged to welcome this and other groups on their marquees and in other ways, and to prepare for large numbers of people shopping, dining and visiting attractions.
Other groups of interest include the following:
- Nov. 3-5, Association of College Unions International Annual Meeting, 250 attendees, 240 room nights
- Nov. 6-7, Missouri Department of Transportation, 400 attendees, 800 room nights
- Nov. 14-16, Missouri Veterans Commission Leadership Conference, 200 attendees, 295 room nights
- Nov. 16-17, Missouri State High School Activities Association State Football Championship, 20,000 attendees, 200 room nights
- Nov. 17-18, Southern Missouri District Assemblies of God Youth Conference, 2,500 attendees, 400 room nights
- Dec. 6-7, Missouri Common Ground Alliance Damage Prevention & Excavation Safety Summit, 1,700 attendees, 770 room nights
- Jan.18-20, Missouri Dairy Association Heart of America Dairy Expo, 300 attendees, 220 room nights
- Feb. 7-9, Assemblies of God Royal Rangers National LEAD Conference, 400 attendees, 502 room nights
The list above represent groups booked by the Convention & Visitors Bureau as well as groups booked directly through hotels and event venues. It does not represent every group coming to the city. The statistics represent anticipated attendees and room nights and are subject to change.
Learn more about how to get a group to the city by calling the CVB’s Sales Department at 417-881-5300 or 800-678-8767.
CVB partners who want to know which hotel is headquarters and how many rooms are booked on peak night for events listed in Issues & Info can access a convention calendar on Connect SGF. Once logged in, click “reports,” then select the calendar you want to view. If you need help logging in, contact Tonia Castaneda at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 417-881-5300, ext. 121.