Celebrate all things Route 66 Aug. 11-12 at the seventh annual Birthplace of Route 66 Festival in downtown Springfield, Missouri.
Events include the Birthplace of Route 66 Parade with a pre-parade party at the Birthplace of Route 66 Roadside Park, a two-day car and motorcycle show and a Gypsy Tour motorcycle poker run. Entertainment includes the Birthplace of Route 66 Festival Signature Concert Series featuring country music superstars Big & Rich Aug. 11 and Three Dog Night Aug. 12, free live music throughout the festival and an outdoor movie. Other activities include vendor villages; a 6.6K/3.3K run/walk; the annual two-day convention of Route 66 authors, artists, collectors and associations and more.
New to the festival this year:
- The Shrine Mosque will host an indoor display of classic cars featuring selections from the private collections of Guy Mace, owner of the new Route 66 Car Museum; Warren Davis; and the Ozark Antique Auto Club.
- The “Mother Roadster” car build will be unveiled at the festival. This one-of-a-kind project will bring together the high-profile automotive community to custom build a ’32 Ford Roadster. A lucky person will win the car in a drawing.
- All car show entries will have a chance to win a Chevy crate motor, a new set of tires and wheels, Branson getaways and more. Aaron Sachs & Associates is the official sponsor of the awards.
- Aaron Sachs & Associates is bringing a special Route 66 exhibit to the Discovery Center. This hands-on learning exhibit will feature Route 66 past, present and future for kids and adults.
- A motorcycle stunt show with extreme thrill rider Adam Holbrook will wow the crowds.
If you’re planning on being in Springfield for the festival, don't forget to visit the all-new Route 66 Car Museum.
Here's a complete list of scheduled events for the festival. See you at the birthplace of the Mother Road!