Due to technical difficulties, nominations for the annual Salute to Travel & Tourism Awards have not been received by the Convention & Visitors Bureau. If you made nominations, please go to http://springfieldmo.org/nominations/ and resubmit. We apologize for the inconvenience.
If you have not yet made a nomination, we encourage you to do so! Awards are presented in five categories at our annual banquet on Feb. 17, 2011. For details and to make a nomination, go to http://springfieldmo.org/nominations/.
For a list of previous award recipients, go to http://springfieldmo.org/nominations/past_recipients.htm.
The nomination deadline is Dec. 13, 2010.
The Convention & Visitors Bureau is accepting nominations for the Salute to Travel & Tourism Awards to be presented Feb. 17, 2011.
Awards are presented in five categories:
· Pinnacle Award - for individuals who have been active in the travel industry for many years and have made substantial contributions to the betterment of the Springfield area’s travel industry.
· Hospitality Award - presented to an attraction, lodging facility or restaurant which demonstrates outstanding hospitality to the traveling public and exhibits a team spirit in promoting growth of Springfield area travel and tourism.
· Diplomat Award - presented to a government official, organization or employee who has provided significant support to the Springfield area travel industry.
· Spotlight Award - presented to an individual, business or organization not usually considered part of the travel and tourism industry for noteworthy contributions in advancing travel and tourism in the Springfield area.
· Ambassador Award - presented to individuals or organizations who generated significant economic impact for the area by working to encourage tourism or secure a major convention or event in Springfield.
Nominations are due by Dec. 13, 2010, and can be submitted at www.springfieldmo.org/nominations.
For more information, call the Convention & Visitors Bureau at 881-5300 or 800-678-8767.