The Springfield Convention & Visitors Bureau serves as the primary marketing organization responsible for the development and implementation of marketing programs to ensure positive economic impact on the Springfield metropolitan area through steady growth of the travel industry. The goal of the Bureau’s efforts is to encourage the development of tourism and increase overnight travel and occupied rooms in Springfield metropolitan area hotel/motel properties. Continued growth will be realized by identifying and implementing marketing programs to the specified market segments of:
- Meetings, conventions and seminars
- Individual leisure travel, including event promotion
- Sporting events
- Group travel
- Vision Statement
The vision of the Springfield Convention & Visitors Bureau is to lead the area travel industry in promoting Springfield as a premier destination for leisure travelers and outdoor enthusiasts, a recognized and successful host city for meetings and conventions, and a prominent and respected venue for sporting events.
This work is divided among three teams with each working to support the other.
- The Administration Department oversees the operation of the bureau and visitor information center.
- The Sales Department works to bring group events, such as conventions and sports events to the city.
- The Marketing Department is responsible for marketing programs designed to encourage people to visit Springfield through print advertising, digital campaigns, and social media.
Together, each group overlaps for the benefit of the city to promote travel in the Springfield and Ozarks area to the best of their abilities.
Meet the Staff
The Springfield Convention & Visitors Bureau is happy to assist you. Click HERE to find contact information for our team.