The Convention & Visitors Bureau recently completed a Marketing & Media Effectiveness Study by H2R Market Research that is available at SpringfieldMO.org/media.
The purpose of the study was to measure the impact the CVB’s marketing campaign had upon visitation and spending, and to calculate a marketing ROI. Some highlights from the study showed that the 2016 leisure campaign:
- Reached 52% of travelers which equates to 11.1M aware households in the region at an average cost per aware household of just $0.08, down from $0.11 recorded last year;
- Impacted 123k trips and influenced more than $73.6 million in travel revenue for the Springfield area;
- Increased travel party spending to $598 from $533 last year;
- Generated an ROI of $87 for every $1 invested in marketing, and;
- Increased travelers’ post-exposure intent to visit Springfield by 15 points.
In addition, more than half of Springfield recent visitors indicated they would recommend Springfield as a leisure destination to their friends/family members.
For questions about the research or any of the CVB’s marketing efforts, contact Laura Whisler at 417-881-5300, ext. 104 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.