With the holidays over, the winter slump for group business is past. Now the city has plenty of group business headed this way, including several groups that will bring thousands of people to Springfield.
Large groups booked in the city in the next couple months include those listed below. The list represents groups booked by the Convention & Visitors Bureau as well as groups booked directly through hotels and event venues. It does not represent every group coming to the city. The statistics represent anticipated attendees and room nights and are subject to change.
Learn more about how to get a group to the city by calling the CVB’s Sales Department at 417-881-5300 or 800-678-8767.
March 7-17 - Missouri State High School Activities Association Basketball Championships, 40,000 attendees, 6,500 room nights
March 10-17 - National Christian HomeSchool Championships Basketball Nationals, 10,000 attendees, 7,126 room nights
April 7-10 - Missouri Future Business Leaders of America - Phi Beta Lambda Leadership Conference, 5,500 attendees, 2,386 room nights
April 11-13 - Assemblies of God Children’s Ministry Conference, 2,000 attendees, 1,730 room nights
April 20-22 - Lake Country Soccer Ozarks Coca-Cola Dr Pepper Cup, 5,000 attendees, 2,400 room nights
April 27-29 - Missouri Youth Soccer Association Spring Presidents Cup, 2,700 attendees, 2,000 room nights
Other groups generating at least 100 room nights at the city’s hotels include:
- March 3-10 - Missouri-Arkansas Key Club District Leadership Conference, 700 attendees, 340 room nights
- April 12-14 - Grand Court of Missouri Order of the Amaranth “A Stitch in Time” Grand Court Session, 175 attendees, 300 room nights
- April 16-18 - Missouri Department of Transportation DOMInno, 600 attendees, 495 room nights
- April 20-21 - Missouri State High School Activities Association Speech, Debate & Theatre Championships, 1,500 attendees, 700 room nights
- April 26-28 - Missouri National Guard Association Conference, 500 attendees, 409 room nights
- April 26-28 - Missouri District United Pentecostal Church Ladies Conference, 1,200 attendees, 582 room nights
CVB partners who want to know which hotel is headquarters and how many rooms are booked on peak night for events listed in Issues & Info can access a convention calendar on Connect SGF. Once logged in, click “reports”, then select the calendar you want to view. If you need help logging in, contact Tonia Castaneda at email@example.com or call 417-881-4300, ext. 121.