The Convention & Visitors Bureau is offering exciting incentives to make sure meeting planners take a good look at the city when booking upcoming events.
The CVB, in fact, is offering a significant financial incentive for new business booked by December 31, 2022, and consumed by December 31, 2024. The program, Incentives+, includes a rebate of $5 to $10 per room night based on the time of year the event takes place. The CVB will pay up to 40% of the estimated financial incentive when a contract is signed and the remaining 60% within 30 days after the group convenes. If pick-up is lower than expected, the financial incentive will be prorated.
The program is a “win-win” for meeting planners and Springfield, said CVB sales director Dana Maugans.
“Groups looking to receive assistance in a great location should take a good look at this,” Maugans said. “If they’ve never met in Springfield before, this is a low-risk way to give the city a try.”
The CVB’s sales staff also will work to obtain reduced attrition rates and/or a lower ratio of comp rooms at participating hotels and based on availability. Virtual and hybrid component for meetings and events also can be packaged and produced through audiovisual and technology companies based in Springfield
Along with that, planners who book a group event in Springfield will receive discounts on area attractions and restaurants.
Springfield offers plenty of activities and attractions, including hundreds of unique, locally owned restaurants and dozens of world-class attractions all set amid a backdrop of beautiful Ozarks scenery. The city is home to the first and largest Bass Pro Shops store in the world, the award-winning Wonders of Wildlife National Museum & Aquarium, a AA baseball team and many other things to see and do.
Springfield, the third-largest city in Missouri, is where metropolitan charisma blends with midwestern charm, offering everything you want in a city without big-city hassles. It has everything a meeting planner needs, from thousands of hotel rooms to state-of-the-art meeting facilities, yet the city’s size makes it easy to get around, its people are friendly and it’s affordable.
“People who have never attended a convention or event in Springfield are always surprised at how much there is to do here,” Maugans said. “Meeting planners are also pleased with the level of service and the facilities.”
Contact the sales staff at the CVB today by calling 417-881-5300 and visit https://www.springfieldmo.org/meetings/ to learn more about bringing group events to Springfield.