The Convention & Visitors Bureau staff is closely monitoring the spread of the COVID-19 and its impact on the travel and tourism industry. To date, no cases of the virus have been reported in Missouri.
The CVB is following recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention when it comes to travel and healthy travel practices and the CDC has not issued travel restrictions in the United States. Unless the status changes, the CVB will continue encouraging travel and the continuation of meetings and events in Springfield and throughout the country.
We will continue monitoring the situation and keep our constituents updated. In the meantime, here are resources the travel and tourism industry can use to educate themselves about the virus.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Springfield Greene County Health Department
- Destinations International
- American Hotel Lodging Association
- Meetings Mean Business
- Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives
- U.S. Travel Association
- Interim Guidance: Get Your Mass Gatherings or Large Community Events Ready for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- World Health Organization