A variety of groups will be in Springfield over the next couple months, including several that are big enough the attendees are booking rooms at hotels throughout the city.
Large groups coming to Springfield soon include:
Sept. 23 - 29th Annual O’Reilly Auto Parts Fall Street Machine Nationals, 20,000 attendees, 1,560 room nights
Local businesses are encouraged to welcome groups on their marquees and in other ways, and to prepare for large numbers of people shopping, dining and visiting attractions.
Other groups of interest include the following:
- Sept. 1-3, 69th Transportation Unit Reunion, 150 attendees, 170 room nights
- Sept. 10-16, National Roadside Vegetation Management Association Annual Convention, 170 attendees, 395 room nights
- Sept. 20-21, Institute of Management Accountants 17th Annual Heartland Regional Council, 300 attendees, 150 room nights
- Sept. 24-28, Missouri Association of County Clerks and Election Authorities Annual Conference, 175 attendees, 500 room nights
- Sept. 27-30, Missouri Press Association Annual Convention & Trade Show, 175 attendees, 125 room nights
- Sept. 27-Oct. 2, 35th Infantry “Cacti” Regiment Association Annual Reunion, 600 attendees, 510 room nights
The lists above represent groups booked by the Convention & Visitors Bureau as well as groups booked directly through hotels and event venues. It does not represent every group coming to the city. The statistics represent anticipated attendees and room nights and are subject to change.
Learn more about how to get a group to the city by calling the CVB’s Sales Department at 417-881-5300 or 800-678-8767.
CVB partners who want to know which hotel is headquarters and how many rooms are booked on peak night for events listed in Issues & Info can access a convention calendar on Connect SGF. Once logged in, click “reports,” then select the calendar you want to view. If you need help logging in, contact Tonia Castaneda at email@example.com or call 417-881-5300, ext. 121.