Beginning Jan. 1, the CVB Board of Directors will see some changes.
- Stephanie Hein, a professor at Missouri State University, will move into the position of chair.
- Collin Quigley, assistant city manager, will be the vice chair.
- Paul Sundy, owner of Big Whiskey’s Concepts, will hold the position of immediate past president.
- Phill Burgess, vice president of sales and marketing at Hammons Hotels, will continue serving as treasurer.
- Gordon Elliott, owner of Elliott Lodging, will continue as assistant treasurer.
- The board and staff will welcome new member, Joe Wadkins, assistant general manager at the DoubleTree by Hilton, who is replacing Dee King, who left the hospitality industry for a position at Guaranty Bank.
- The CVB also says goodbye to Amy Austin, who retired as associate general manager-administration at City Utilities. She was serving on the CVB board as a representative of the board of the Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Replacing her is Jeff Childs, senior advisor at SVN Rankin Co.
- Tracy Kimberlin, president of the CVB, will continue as corporate secretary
Others who will continue serving on the board are:
- Diane Heatherly, media specialist at Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World
- Cara Walker Whiteley, general manager at Days Inn South
- Bob Cirtin, Greene County presiding commissioner serving on the CVB board as a Chamber of Commerce representative
- Martina Sally, a realtor with MSRG Real Estate Group
- Matt Morrow, president of the Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce
- Dan Reiter, general manager of the Springfield Cardinals
- Brad Danzak, vice president of operations at Rolling Oaks Hospitality
The CVB board meets the third Thursday of each month. Board meetings are open to the public.