National Travel & Tourism Week is May 7-13 and the Convention & Visitors Bureau is celebrating by giving away The Ultimate Springfield Staycation.
The drawing is an effort by the CVB to increase awareness of the importance of the travel industry to the local economy and showcase some of the city’s tourism amenities, including two new attractions -- Alamo Drafthouse Cinema and Getaway Golf.
Tourism is one of Springfield’s top industries and has a significant impact on the economy and employment. Visitors spent about $715 million in Greene County last year and more than 18,500 jobs were tourism related. Statewide, tourism is a $13 billion industry and employs nearly 308,000 people.
The prize winner will receive a package that will help them discover some of the things that bring about 3 million visitors to the city each year. Those visitors enjoy a variety of amenities in Springfield, including those in the package that includes the following:
- Use of a suite at the Springfield Cardinals game Aug 18, including food, non-alcoholic beverages and 17 suite tickets
- Two nights at Hotel Vandivort Aug, 18-19 with four breakfasts at The Order and four bottomless Mimosas or Bloody Marys
- Two tickets and $40 in vouchers to Alamo Drafthouse Cinema
- Two passes to golf at the new Getaway Golf
- One $50 gift certificate to Uber
- Two 60-minute massages from Zen3 Spa & Bodyworks.
For a chance to win, sign up at http://bit.ly/SGFStaycation. Entries must be received by midnight May 31 and the winner will be announced on or about June 1.
For more information, call the CVB at 417-881-5300 or 800-678-8767. The CVB is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the local economy through growth in travel and tourism.