Congratulations to local restaurateurs who received awards from the Missouri Restaurant Association at it’s annual MRA 2015 President’s Inaugural Ball & Awards Gala Jan. 25 at the DoubleTree Hotel in Springfield.
Those honored included:
- Springfield/Branson Chapter ProStart® Educator Award: Pat Boshe, Marshfield High School
- Springfield/Branson Chapter Allied Vendor of the Year: Springfield Grocer Company
- Springfield/Branson Chapter Restaurateur of the Year: Jimm Swafford, Jimm’s Steakhouse & Pub
- MRA Distinguished Service Award: Jerry Shackette, College of the Ozarks
- MRA Hall of Fame Inductee: Gary Leonard, Steak ‘n Shake
- MRA Membership Award: Kevin Harrison, Naught-Naught Agency
This annual celebration begins the presidency of the restaurateurs selected to lead MRA and its local chapter in the upcoming year, and recognizes the career-long excellence of the latest inductee to the association’s Hall of Fame and the recipient of its Distinguished Service Award.
With origins dating to 1916, Missouri Restaurant Association is dedicated to serving the needs of the foodservice and hospitality industry, enhancing and improving its growth and development, assisting and educating its members in operating more effectively, improving the political, economic, and social environment in which the industry conducts business, for the benefit of its members, patrons, employees, and the well-being of the community.