The Springfield Convention & Visitors Bureau is welcoming new board members whose terms begin in 2023 and is grateful for the service of those who left the board at the end of 2022.
The new members are: Darline Mabins, community diversity and equity director at Community Partnership of the Ozarks, and Brian Hammons, a representative of the Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce and president of Hammons Products.
They replace Martina Sally, real estate broker with MSRG Real Estate Group, and Joselyn Baldner, president/chief operating officer at Central Bank of the Ozarks.
The CVB is also thankful for others who continue serving terms on the board of the nonprofit marketing agency dedicated to strengthening the local economy through travel and tourism.
- Joe Wadkins, chair. Joe is the general manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springfield.
- Bill Hobbs, vice chair. He is the director of hotel operations at Elliott Properties, Ltd.
- Amy Austin, immediate past chair. Amy is retired.
- Callie Linville, treasurer. She is the business relations specialist at City Utilities.
- Laura Head Elliott, assistant treasurer. Laura is the marketing manager at Bass Pro Shops/Wonders of Wildlife/Big Cedar Lodge from City Utilities.
- Bob Belote, director of parks at Springfield-Greene County Park Board.
- Brad Beattie, director of market development at Springfield Cardinals.
- Missy Handyside, general manager at Oasis Hotel & Convention Center.
- Tim Rosenbury, director of quality of place at City of Springfield.
- Nancy Riggs, a representative of the Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce board and regional vice president at Penmac Staffing Services.
- Collin Quigley, assistant city manager for the City of Springfield.
Ex-officio board members without a vote are Matt Morrow, president and CEO at the Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce, and Shelley Copeland, who is a representative of the Springfield Hotel Lodging Assoc. Shelley is the general manager at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Medical District.
Mark Hecquet, the new president/CEO of the CVB, will serve as the board’s corporate secretary.
About the Board
The CVB board has 13 voting members. The mayor appoints and City Council confirms nine of the 13 voting board members. Two voting members consist of the Chamber of Commerce chair and chair-elect or their appointees from the Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce board of directors.
The city manager or a deputy city manager serves ex-officio with a vote. The past CVB chair continues to serve on the board ex-officio with a vote. The chamber president and the Springfield Hotel Lodging Association president serve on the board ex-officio without vote.
The board consists of five ad hoc board committees: Executive Committee, Marketing Committee, Budget & Finance Committee, Governmental Relations Committee, and Nominating Committee.
Board officers are elected in June to serve a one-year term beginning Jan. 1 and consist of the chair, vice-chair, treasurer, assistant treasurer, corporate secretary and past chair.
Unless otherwise noted, the board meets at 8 a.m. the third Thursday of each month at the CVB offices, 815 E. St. Louis St. All board and committee meetings are posted and open to the public. The next meeting is scheduled for Jan. 19.